- My breasts probably weigh 15 pounds - no really, they do...
- This is relationship weight (but I've been out of one for 6 months)
- I've had a lot of stressful and life changing events over the past two years (well...that's life)
- I still look good (I do - but I can look better)
- I can fit most of my pants (But I have to pull them up to my breasts and I can't fit my favorite ones)
- I probably look 160
- Plus size isn't that bad, Lane Bryant has some cute clothes
- I'm tired of dieting
- Nobody notices (Nobody ever tells you until you lose it and everyone is like "Daaaaaaamn girl YOU LOST SOOOO MUCH WEIGHT, I ain't want to tell you but you were a porker before.")
- I'll lose it eventually (When?)
- I won't get past this weight (I said that at 155)
And they keep coming. So I am going to hold myself accountable and start a blog and share it with others. My current weight is 184 pounds. I would like to get down to 145 pounds, but to make it even lets say my goal weight is 144 lbs. which means that I need to lose a whopping 40 pounds.
I tried to get some of my friends on board but they seem reluctant. I would love to have some sort of competition or support between us, but this is my life and I can not wait. I don't think any of us really see ourselves and what we have become. All of my female friends have widened greatly over the past two years except for about two. I look at them and I am like "Wow..." Then I wonder how I look. I still think I look pretty damn good. But I want to look and feel great and it is really time to get off my ass and stop being lazy and making excuses. I don't want to look back at this weight fondly. I never ever want to see a 200 or more on the scale. I think my 5'5" frame will just cave in. If I lose an average of the recommended 2 lbs. a week it will take me 5 months to lose this weight. That means by the end of May I should be looking svelte and slim. So I will make the goal date my birthday, May 27, 1981.
I plan on using the South Beach Diet because I simply can not count calories and I like to eat. This diet also does not require exercise. I know exercise is important and it will be integrated into my plan, but I don't want to feel like I have to do it. So here's to the beginning of a long, hard ride.
- Plan meals ahead
- Develop an arsenal of snacks - because I know when I get into starvation mode that is when I lose
- Find a support system
- Take more Yoga classes - 1x a week to start
Wish me luck!!