- Strength of Relaxer - My hair dresser usually uses a milder strength relaxer, but I told her to use a stronger one when I started working out. While stronger relaxers are generally looked down upon, this choice is okay for me because I have thick hair and I stretch my relaxers.
- Cut - I also sweat a lot in my "kitchen", which is why I have a graduated bob. My hair dresser also "thinned" my hair out with a cutting method she calls "texturizing"
- Use of Heat - To maintain healthy hair, I wash and deep condition once a week. Most importantly, I use direct heat as little as possible (once a week when I wash). When I was being hard-headed and consistently used heat, my bangs broke off (hence the constant side part, lol).
- Paul Michell Awapuhi Moisture Mist
- African Royale BRX Braid &; Extensions Sheen Spray
- Elasta QP H-TWO Leave-in Moisture Sealing Conditioner