Thursday, March 8, 2007

I knew it was too good to be true...

On Tuesday I bought a package of Lays Light KC Masterpiece Potato Chips. I was excited because one serving = 75 calories / 1 point. That is way less than a serving of the baked variety. I detected no aftertaste, so I happily munched away that evening as I prepared a dish of Thai Curry with Tofu, Broccoli, and Red Peppers from my Cooking Light magazine. Boy were they tasty!!! What a find!!

Fast forward to Wednesday morning…

After visiting the bathroom three times in a 1 hour period, I decided to check out that bag of chips again. On the front it said “Made with Olestra”. Olestra? I thought…that...sounds...familiar. So I searched it on Wikipedia and found this:

Olestra

I think I made a mistake :-(

Then I found this:

DO NOT EAT PRINGLES FAT FREE POTATO CHIPS. THEY WILL GREASE YOUR ASS.

I lost 4 pounds that day.

Enough said…

1 comment:

rashad said...

Stick to Pringles