Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Baby

Although I've known about him for a while, I met him only a few weeks ago. I've always believed that a good relationship is one that makes you a better person, and so it is with my new love.

It took me a while to get accustomed to him and his ways which were exciting yet accompanied by a steep learning curve. Despite a few glitches, he has made me a better communicator, time manager, and has provided endless hours of entertainment. He is also helping me with my fitness goals. *Swoon*

Who is this person? Well, I may have deceived you a bit: he is an it, and it is my new blackberry from which I have typed the last few posts.

Not only that, but now I have a snazzy new calorie and exercise tracking program from Livestrong/Daily Plate that is user and cost friendly($2.99). In the past, I've tried Weight Watchers Online (too expensive), and SparkPeople (free -but the food database is not as comprehensive nor is the mobile interface as user friendly as Daily Plate). I know that the easier it is for me to count calories the longer I will stick with it.

Calorie counting has always been a chore for me: logging onto the PC is not always convenient, carrying a notebook around is bothersome and laborious when it comes to calculations, and keeping track in my head is just ridiculous and a waste of brain space. Now that I have found the one, I don't know why I wasted time with all the others. What method do you use to track you food and exercise?

No comments: