Thursday, August 2, 2007

Focusing on the Positive

I've been complaining a lot about not losing weight despite my renewed commitment to exercise. So, I thought I would focus on other accomplishments versus the numbers on the scale.


  1. I always wanted lean abs, a sculpted butt and arms. While I am not quite there yet, I am toned in places that I never focused on before such as my shoulders. They are coming along quite nicely and so are my legs

  2. I think I may be a runner now. I ran for about 40 minutes non stop the other night and actually enjoyed it. I varied the speeds and incline to challenge myself and I felt really good. When I got off the machine the front and back of my shirt were soaked and that felt great.

  3. I also ran outside the other day and enjoyed it despite the fact that it was incredibly hard. However, I saw the results of that accomplishment on the treadmill inwhich I was able to run at a much higher speed than usual and enjoyed it.

  4. My legs are looking fierce.

  5. My waist is significantly smaller and I see lines under the fat, lol.

  6. I did not cheat at all last week and therefore was able to thoroughly enjoy my cheat day. Usually I cheat all week and tried to have a cheat day but felt incredibly guilty about it.

  7. My nails and toes have stayed on point all summer.

  8. I am more confident in my clothes. I actually bought a pair of shorts, not capris, not bermudas, but shorts!

  9. I finally found a hair stylist who educated me about my hair. My hair has been looking great all week.

  10. I actually tired my dog out the other day running. This is a big accomplishment because that little heathen will walk for hours and hours and when we go home he is still bouncing off the walls. I took him running and after an hour of walking/running (which flew by amazingly fast) he pooped out and laid down under a tree and would not move. I had to carry him to the car, lol.

  11. Most importantly, I set this goal in January. Although I am not at my goal weight, it's been 8 months, and I am still sticking to my goals and I am so proud of myself.

2 comments:

rashad said...

the positive attitude fits you well. your next challenge should be to run on the street..its rough on the knees, but its more challenging

Carly said...

Rock on girl---I think you have to be careful though---someone told me I'm losing my butt because of all my yoga---so watch out for losing those bodacious curves!!