Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reworking the Plan

After not seeing the scale move, actually watching it go up a couple of pounds. I had to be honest with myself: exercise alone was NOT going to cut it. Some of you may be saying, "No sh*t!" But it is amazing what you can convince yourself of when you are determined to do something, or NOT to do something. Although I know it works, I viewed calorie counting as restrictive, confining, not living, and I am a FREEDOM loving person in every sense of the word. However, as the amount clothes I am able to fit slowly decreases, I decided my weight was more important. So I decided to rework the plan...
  • No alcohol during the week - Giving up the daily glass of wine (200 cals a day for an 8 oz glass = 1,000 a week. No wonder I gained!) wasn't as hard once I replaced it with a gourmet tea.
  • Record food at Spark - My new favorite thing
  • Keep calories under 1700

After two weeks of calorie counting I lost 3 pounds! Calorie counting isn't new to me, but it always amazes me just how many calories a person can consume in a day without realizing it.

2 comments:

K. said...

Hello, just recently found your blog. I can soooo relate to the calorie counting thing. I just never thought I could do it and that it was a little 'extra.' I bit the bullet and started counting about 4 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs. I've found that it isn't so bad but can get annoying when eating out at places that don't nutrition info available. At this point it's pretty easy to tell what the proper portions are just by looking at the food though.

rashad said...

Welcome back. And I must admit, I have cut back on my caloric intake monday thru friday. I splurge a bit on the weekends, but now that my back is up to snuff, I can just work that off during the week.