Monday, February 26, 2007

Life happens...

I realize that I haven't written in a while. I am so very busy, and I love it this way. In typical Raydiance fashion I have three gigs, a main one and two PT jobs. I need the extra money because of this baby. I also just like to stay busy. Why not? I'm young and still have the energy.

Speaking of youth...it seems like so many of my peers are dealing with real life situations (Did you all hear Big Boi's voice as you read that?) I know that we are all "adults" but sometimes that reality escapes me. I guess the repercussions of our actions (or inaction), positive and negative, have become weighty in the face of the increasing amount and kind of responsibility that we acquire as we grow older. On one hand it is depressing, on the other it reinforces my decision to take my life, and all of its facets, more seriously than I have in the past. As I've said before, it started with my decision to become serious about losing weight but, the benefits of my newly discovere discipline have affected all areas of my life.

This week I gained a 1/2 lb. according to the scale at my job, 1 lb. according to my scale at home which I use to track my weight in this blog. I will attribute that to the fact that I have added strength training to my regime and NOT to the half a bag (medium size one) of pretzel slims that I killed last night. I love pretzels and I KNEW I should not have bought them, but all I can do is just do better next time.

This week I took a new exercise class called Kukuwa which is a cardio workout (designed by an African woman) that incorporates African and Latin dance and I LOVED IT. The creator has a contract with Bally's to preview the workout throughout the country and if the members like the class it will be added to the schedule. I had so much fun, I felt like I was in the club and I have not had that intense of a workout in a loooong time. Well, a couple of times this past Fall but we won't get into that ;-). If it comes to my gym there will be a $5 surcharge because it will be considered a premium class. I will willingly pay the fee; I will be supporting not only a Black owned business but a female owned business as well :-). If you are a Bally's member and she comes to your gym GO TO THAT CLASS-- I can not recommend it enough. My other health tip? Date a personal trainer - that's how I got the hook up on my gym membership. We broke up almost 2 years ago but it is the gift that keeps on giving. Now if I can only find a handsome man that works at Merritt...hmmm....

No comments: